Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer? What Summer??

I can't believe I will be going back to school soon. Next week I go in to start preparing my classroom, a task I used to enjoy, but I've come to dread...I can't stand the thought of seeing so many "work people" that will ask annoying questions like, "So, how was your summer? Anything new?" People are so transparent. I know what they are getting at. This is partly why I dread going back.

It upsets me to think that I spent my summer monitoring follicles, rather than going to the beach, or vacationing. Technically, I couldn't go swimming 3 weeks out of each summer month, so I'm real glad we spent a lot of money putting in the pool last year!

But I really can't complain, as my poor aunt is suffering tremendously from stage 4 cancer and chemo. Now, she is developing blood clots and seems to have suddenly gotten worse again. I did get to help her out a lot this summer, so there is one positive. I know her illness is taking a huge toll on my mother and I have tried to keep her spirits up as well. We did manage to get out and have some "fun", the three of us!! (JC Penney dressing room! lol) What a group!!

My husband has been just wonderful about everything, so understanding and supportive...I truly thank God for him. I love you baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment